Do you ever feel like there’s not enough time in your day to attack your goals?
This might sound counterintuitive (because it’s another thing to do) but I highly recommend completing a simple time study.
You can find free templates if you google it. But the main thing you want is a sheet of paper or app that allows you to enter what you did every 15 minutes.
This is an eye opening exercise.
Most people who do a Time Study tell me something like….
- I’m spending too much time on small tasks.
- I’m on an endless cycle of email >> social media >> text >> repeat.
- I have too many meetings and need to cut back.
- I’m in reaction mode, I never feel reactive.
- I need to pre-plan my day instead of letting the day attack me.
I have my entire leadership team going through a time study and it’s been an eye opening experience for all. If you feel like you don’t know where your time goes, this is the answer you’ve been looking for.
- Google search a time study template
- Fill it out for 1-2 weeks (more data is better)
- Make it easy, have it right by your side all day
- List all the tasks that GAVE you energy vs TOOK your energy
- Delegate as much of the stuff that sucks your energy to someone else